Tuesday, September 2, 2008

grace

do you ever get to a point where you just feel kind of numb? like nothing could really phase you or shock you or even really be all that interesting to you? how does one get out of that kind of rut? how does one get in that kind of rut? i mean, looking at my life, it is pretty good...i have a family that loves and supports me; i have a roof over my head and food on my table; i have an amazing boyfriend whom i love and he loves me; im in college pursuing an education that most people don't have the opportunity to attempt...why are my eyes so jaded? im so tired from day-in and day-out kinds of things. what do i need to do in order to get back to feeling something again?

o Lord, grant me the peace and patience to find you after the storms and fires and windstorms. meet me in the quiet that follows the explosions and earthquakes. i turn to you, our Father, and humbly rely on your grace once more.

No comments: